Website Baltimore Country Club
Baltimore Country Club was founded in 1898 and it was a success from the start, with 600 members enjoying its 150-acre facility less than five miles from downtown Baltimore. Just one year after opening, the Club gained immediate recognition in the golf world by hosting the fifth United States Open Championship. Today the Club is over 3,200 members strong with two campuses. It is widely recognized as one of the top 50 country clubs in the nation and top 100 in the world. We are all about the simple truth and doing what is right, not what is easy.
Baltimore Country Club is seeking an Assistant Golf Professional that is dedicated to the highest standard of customer service to our members and their guest. The Assistant Golf Professional must be driven to continue learning all facets of the operation in order to help advance their career. The Director of Golf and Head Golf Professional will mentor and provide valuable experiences to better prepare the Assistant Golf Professional for future career advancement.
The Assistant Golf Professional will be responsible for providing first-class customer service to our Members and their guests daily, including oversight of the Ladies’ 18-hole program and Ladies’ Twilight league in the first year. In addition to responsibilities with the Ladies’ groups, the Assistant Golf Professional will assist in managing the day-to-day operations including tee time reservations, tee manager shifts, ranger shifts and golf shop coverage. This role will also be assigned specific merchandise in the golf shop to oversee throughout the season. Our mission at Baltimore Country Club is to continually rotate our Golf Professionals into several key positions in the operation to ensure they are well rounded and better prepared for the next stages of their career.
• Oversees the day-to-day operations ensuring our Members and guests have a memorable experience.
• Manage the Ladies’ 18-hole and Twilight groups every Tuesday and Thursday in year one. Will transition into other roles in the operation such as Gentlemen’s Golf, Ladies’ 9-hole, etc. to gain experience and become more well-rounded.
• Will oversee a particular category of merchandise in the golf shop to ensure proper ordering, inventory levels and overall member satisfaction.
• Assists in the development of new and innovative programming for our Members and their guests to keep them engaged at the Club.
• Models exceptional sportsmanship while providing warm, personal, and professional service.
• The Assistant Golf Professional will represent Baltimore Country Club’s Simple Truth, Core Values and Mission Statement.
• Assist the instructional team in conducting golf clinics and camps.
• Performs other duties as assigned.