Website Country Club of the Rockies
Country Club of the Rockies is a Member-owned, private club located in the Vail Valley of Colorado. In addition to world-class golf on a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the Club also offers its Members and guests award-winning dining at VISTA, a nationally recognized Golf Shop, and year-round activities that enrich lives, build relationships and encourage healthy living. We have everything, including happy hours, Fitness Center, two Golf Simulators equipped with Trackman & Swing Catalyst, onsite yoga, wine tasting, a speaker series, trunk shows, family pasta nights, televised events at our sports bar, and fly-fishing instruction. Additionally, the Vail Valley offers incredible outdoor activities, ranging from hiking and biking to skiing and snowboarding.
An Assistant Golf Professional role at Country Club of the Rockies is focused on delivering exceptional hospitality to our Members & Guests. Qualified candidates should expect to be in this position for three (3) to four (4) years and possess a strong desire to become a Head Professional. Candidates must be highly motivated, hard-working, and team players. Applicants must be service-oriented, possess exceptional communication skills & attention to detail, energy, and self-confidence, and display a genuine caring attitude towards people. The ideal candidate should have experience coordinating with a team of like-minded individuals in delivering exceptional service, as well as a proven track record of seeking continuous improvement opportunities, both personally and professionally. This position will provide a well-rounded view of a successful golf operation that is focused on service, fiscal responsibility, and team culture. Private club experience is required.
Below is a sampling of daily operational responsibilities:
• Assist Head Golf Professional and First Assistant Golf Professional with running all major club tournaments.
• Assist Merchandiser/Buyer with all responsibilities included within our high-end merchandising operation.
• Assist Head Professional with the direction of Outside Golf Services staff in the execution of all daily golf operations tasks and duties.
• Create an exceptional golf experience through enlightened hospitality, and dedicated teamwork with all Club employees, while displaying a genuine caring attitude for Country Club of the Rockies Members and Guests.
• Dedication to the accomplishment of Country Club of the Rockies Golf Operational goals and programs.
• Possess a strong understanding of and promote the Club’s wide range of activities and services.
• Being accessible to provide continuous improvement initiatives and training and coaching as needed to all support staff.
• Pursue continuing education opportunities to ensure professional growth.
• Starting, rangering, instructing clinics, and individual private lessons as well as coordination of CCR Junior Golf Programs.
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional appearance at all times.