Website Country Club of the Rockies
Country Club of the Rockies is a Member-owned, private club located in the Vail Valley of Colorado. In addition to world-class golf on a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the Club also offers its Members and guests award-winning dining at VISTA, a nationally recognized Golf Shop, and year-round activities that enrich lives, build relationships and encourage healthy living. We have everything, including happy hours, Fitness Center, two Golf Simulators equipped with Trackman & Swing Catalyst, onsite yoga, wine tasting, a speaker series, trunk shows, family pasta nights, televised events at our sports bar, and fly-fishing instruction. Additionally, the Vail Valley offers incredible outdoor activities, ranging from hiking and biking to skiing and snowboarding.
A Director of Outside Operations role at Country Club of the Rockies is focused on delivering exceptional hospitality to our Members & Guests. Candidates must be highly motivated, hard-working, and team players. Applicants must be service-oriented, possess exceptional communication skills & attention to detail, energy, and self-confidence, and display a genuine caring attitude towards people. The ideal candidate should have experience coordinating with a team of like-minded individuals in delivering exceptional service, as well as a proven track record of seeking continuous improvement opportunities, both personally and professionally. This position will provide a well-rounded view of a successful golf operation that is focused on service, fiscal responsibility, and team culture. Private club experience is required.
Below is a sampling of daily operational responsibilities:
• Assist Head Professional with designing and executing a multi-touch-point full-service operation that is member/guest focused from arrival to departure.
• Assist Head Professional with the direction of Outside Golf Services staff in the execution of all daily golf operations tasks and duties.
• Create an exceptional golf experience through enlightened hospitality, and dedicated team work with all Club employees, while displaying a genuine caring attitude for Country Club of the Rockies Members and Guests.
• Maintain in working order an entire fleet of 66 golf cars and various operational work-related golf cars.
• Maintain a caddie & forecaddie corp of approximately 12-24 individuals while seeking the opportunity to build continuous improvement initiatives to improve the overall member & guest golf experience.
• Dedication to the accomplishment of Country Club of the Rockies Golf Operational goals and programs.
• Possess a strong understanding of and promote the Club’s wide range of activities and services.
• Being accessible to provide continuous improvement initiatives and training and coaching as needed to all support staff.
• Pursue continuing education opportunities to ensure professional growth.
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional appearance at all times.