Website Country Club of the Rockies
Country Club of the Rockies is a Member-owned, private club located in the Vail Valley of Colorado. In addition to world-class golf on a Jack Nicklaus Signature Golf Course, the Club also offers its Members and guests award-winning dining at VISTA, a nationally recognized Golf Shop, and year-round activities that enrich lives, build relationships and encourage healthy living. We have everything, including happy hours, Fitness Center, two Golf Simulators equipped with Trackman & Swing Catalyst, onsite yoga, wine tasting, a speaker series, trunk shows, family pasta nights, televised events at our sports bar, and fly-fishing instruction. Additionally, the Vail Valley offers incredible outdoor activities, ranging from hiking and biking to skiing and snowboarding.
A First Assistant Golf Professional role at Country Club of the Rockies is focused on delivering exceptional hospitality to our Members & Guests. Qualified candidates should expect to be in this position for three (3) to four (4) years and possess a strong desire to become a Head Professional. Candidates must be highly motivated, hard-working, and team players. Applicants must be service-oriented, possess exceptional communication skills & attention to detail, energy, and self-confidence, and display a genuine caring attitude towards people. The ideal candidate should have experience coordinating with a team of like-minded individuals in delivering exceptional service, as well as a proven track record of seeking continuous improvement opportunities, both personally and professionally. This position will provide a well-rounded view of a successful golf operation that is focused on service, fiscal responsibility, and team culture. Private club experience is required.
Below is a sampling of daily operational responsibilities:
• Assist Head Professional with running all major club tournaments.
• Assist Merchandiser/Buyer with all responsibilities included within our high-end merchandising operation.
• Assist Head Professional with the direction of professional staff in the execution of all daily golf operations tasks and duties.
• Create an exceptional golf experience through enlightened hospitality, and dedicated teamwork with all Club employees, while displaying a genuine caring attitude for Country Club of the Rockies Members and Guests.
• Dedication to the accomplishment of Country Club of the Rockies Golf Operational goals and programs.
• Possess a strong understanding of and promote the Club’s wide range of activities and services.
• Being accessible to provide continuous improvement initiatives and training and coaching as needed to all support staff.
• Pursue continuing education opportunities to ensure professional growth.
• Starting, rangering, instructing clinics, and individual private lessons as well as coordination of CCR Junior Programs.
• Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional appearance at all times.