Website Elk River Club
Elk River Club is the result of a vision by Harry and Spencer Robbins to create an exclusive community offering exquisite high country living and exceptional mountain golf. By partnering with Jack Nicklaus to design his first North Carolina Signature Course, the Robbins brothers succeeded in setting an unwavering standard of quality with Elk River, a comprehensive, luxurious community that folds 1,200 magnificent acres into the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains. Today, Elk River Club continues to be ranked as one of North Carolina's top ten golf courses and has developed a nationwide reputation as one of America's premier clubs.• Vision of Harry and Spencer Robbins to create an exclusive community offering exquisite high country living and exceptional mountain golf•Jack Nicklaus’ first Signature Golf Course in the state of North Carolina where altitude ranges from 3,450 feet to 4,650 feet. •Since it opened in 1984, it has remained one of North Carolina's Top Ten Golf Courses and one of the most beautiful courses in the state.CLUB AMENITIES• Golf • Private Airport • Equestrian Center • Pool & Fitness • Spa Services • Tennis • Fishing • Fine dining • Miles of Hiking trails
As a member of the Elk River Professional Staff, the Assistant Golf Professional assist the Director of Golf in all aspects of the golf operation including course management, tournaments, lessons, merchandising, and club repair. This individual will work closely with the Outside Services Manager, two other Assistant Golf Professionals to ensure the highest level of service to the Elk River membership and their guests. Candidates must be highly motivated, hard-working, and work well in a team setting. Qualified applicants must be service-oriented, possess exceptional communication skills, have a high attention to detail, and display a genuine attitude towards people.
• PGA Apprentice- Level 1 or higher
• Four-year degree preferred by not required
• 3 years of prior private club experience preferred
• Actively pursue PGA membership (If a PGA Apprentice) in a timely manner
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail
• Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills.
• Excellent service and member focused attitude.
• Exceptional communicator both verbally and written.
• PGA Dues
• Housing provided
• Lesson Income
• Club Repair Income
• Clothing provided
• Potential for Staff Equipment deal
• Practicing and playing privileges