The Fredericksburg Country Club is a private club nestled on the banks of the Rappahannock River located 50 miles south of Washington, D.C. Founded in 1925, the Fredericksburg Country Club is considered the area’s best family-oriented club and is truly a “home away from home” providing a safe and secure recreational environment for members and guests. The club features championship golf, casual & fine dining, indoor & outdoor tennis, an athletic facility, and aquatics center. The club currently has over 400 memberships and has hosted a number of prestigious events including the Virginia State Open and it recently hosted the 75th Annual Virginia State Ladies Team Matches in August.
The PGM University Intern is responsible for promoting the game of golf and being an integral part of the golf operations team at Fredericksburg Country Club. The PGM University Intern will assist the PGA Head Golf Professional in all aspects of daily golf department management including, but not limited to, merchandising, tournaments, golf instruction, financial reporting, and staff management.
Fredericksburg Country Club’s goal is to create a golf experience above all expectations that mirrors the mission statement of our facility.
• Exceeds expectations.
• Attention to detail.
• Goal oriented.
• Excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OPPORTUNITES:
• Assist the PGA Head Golf Professional and Golf Shop Manager in all areas of daily golf department management.
• Act as an ambassador by welcoming members and guests to the club upon arrival.
• Manage the daily tee sheet and collect appropriate fees for member and guest rounds.
• Work closely with the PGA Head Golf Professional to learn how to project and develop a golf operations budget.
• Assist in the management of all member and guest golf tournaments.
• This position will play a large role in a growing merchandise concession and will assist the Golf Shop Manager with purchasing, displays, open-to-buy plan, social media, and conducting monthly inventory reports.
• Provide golf instruction for beginner ladies’ clinics, junior clinics, junior camps, and the Fredericksburg Country Club PGA Junior League team.
• Playing golf with members and guests as time permits.
• Performs other duties as needed around the club including outside services however, this position will be primarily focused on the overall management of the golf operation.
• PGM university Student in good standing ready for an extended internship.
• Strong playing ability.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Efficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher).
• Previous experience with Golf Genius and GHIN handicap program.
• Willingness to work long hours and weekends on busy tournament weeks.