The Assistant Golf Professional position will assist the Hoover Country Club Management Team in all areas not limited to; the management of daily golf operations including managing and tracking play, protecting and controlling assets, supervising and scheduling bag staff, management of practice facility, bag room, and cart barn, assisting with merchandising functions, acting as point golf professional for golf groups, teaching lessons, assist with junior golf programs, and providing other professional services to ensure an exceptional golf experience to our members and guests.
• Work towards completing the requirements of PGA membership and maintain an active classification in the PGA of America at a brisk pace.
• Supervise and manage the total golf operations in a professional and efficient manner in the absence of the Head Golf Professional.
• Provide excellent customer services, professional advice and assistance to all patrons.
• Control and manage play; ensure guest check-in and fee collection.
• Manage total operation of the practice facility.
• Manage the golf car storage area, bag room, and locker room.
• Work in coordination with golf groups in the management of their events.
• Provide golf instruction and clinics that is consistent with instructional methods, policies and procedures set forth by the Golf Operations management.
• Supervise and train golf operations personnel as directed by the Head Golf Professional
• Assist in the purchasing, receipt, display, inventory, control, promotion, and sales of merchandise.
• Conduct one’s self in a professional manner and maintain a professional image at all times consistent with PGA standards.
• Be informed on, and promote all club activities and services.
• Assist in management of the GHIN Handicap program.
• Assist in managing tournaments and outings.
• In coordination with the Director of Instruction conduct and maintain a successful Junior Golf Program.