Website Iron Horse Golf Club
Iron Horse is a great opportunity to contribute, learn, and grow in a high-end, private, equity club experience. The club is a 2nd club for the majority of members, whose primary clubs are the elite around the United States and Canada. The course is perennially ranked amont Montana’s top 5 golf courses, which brings our members back, season after season, and for good reason: our Tom Fazio-designed layout is one-of-a-kind in the West. An 18-hole experience that is unrivaled for sheer scenic beauty, imaginative risk-and-reward play, and an emotional connection with our Rocky Mountain setting that forges a fierce loyalty among players. The golf course stretches to 7,028 yards from the championship tees or 4,795 yards from the front tees. Our Par 71 course features five tee boxes per hole, ensuring a playable yet challenging course for golfers of all abilities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic golf professional (PGA Member or Associate) for this wonderful, seasonal opportunity. The professional is able to start as early as May 1, but we can certainly be flexible up to June 15. As part of the Iron Horse Golf Club team, the Assistant Golf Professional is held to a high level of excellence.
The club can offer a pre-arranged housing option with discounted rent should the professional require assistance.
Our purpose is to exceed the high service experience standards of our Members and their guests by providing excellent customer service consistently. Making them feel special by anticipating their needs and providing the best possible golf experience is our absolute dedication.
Originally a Discovery Land Company development, the club is owned and operated by its membership. The Iron Horse Membership is a fun group looking to have their “summer camp” in beautiful Montana.
Iron Horse Golf Professionals spend their time, approximately, in the following way: 70% outside servicing members and their guests, 20% in office time, and 10% in the Golf Shop. This is not a traditional position (where it is required for a professional to work the Golf Shop counter). A golf professional can develop as quickly as they desire at Iron Horse.
– Work with other professional staff to manage the golf operation
– Assisting Merchandiser with merchandising through an Open to Buy Program; including purchasing, receiving, invoice processing, selling, and
– Coordinate with in-house caddie program
– Point of Sale and Tee Time Management (JONAS)
– Daily fee management and administrative responsibilities
– Manage Men’s and Ladies golf events
– Member Greeting & Service
– Actively participate in coaching our players in private, group, and clinic settings.
– Club Repair program
– Manage golf tournaments, through coordination with golf course maintenance and food and beverage departments
– Plays golf with members of all skill-levels to generate enthusiasm.
– Implements and administers a system governing the start of play and the handicap system.
– Represents the club in area professional events including local, state or national events
– Maintains records relating to player and guest rounds and other statistics.
– Adheres to all federal, state and local laws regarding health, safety and employment.
– Maintains visible presence on the course during peak times of play.
– Supervises golf play of members and guests from the first tee and maintains starting times according to the club’s rules and regulations.
– Adheres to safety program that conforms to OSHA standards for the golf department.
– PGA Member or Associate
– 2-3 years Assistant Golf Professional experience preferred, but not mandatory
– Bachelor’s Degree preferred
– Good organizational skills and the ability to work independently and part of a team
– Attention to detail and quality
– Strong communication and correspondence skills
– Professional presentation and appearance
– Employee meal while on duty
– Clothing allowance
– PGA dues consideration
– Practicing & playing privileges
– Working and living in Whitefish and the Flathead County provides many summer activity possibilities, including golf, fishing, hiking, biking,
and the spectacular Glacier National Park.