Loblolly, a private club and community, was founded by several couples from Chicago and Philadelphia who shared a passion for family, friends, and a healthy lifestyle. The southern coast of Florida, with its warm breezes and sunny skies, was their chosen location. The evolution of the Club was a thoughtful process. Taking the love of sports and family as their foundation, the original members also established the character of Loblolly: family-oriented, unpretentious, gracious, hospitable, and fun! The founders began with the Loblolly Bay Yacht Club and Marina where they could enjoy boating, swimming, sport fishing, and a pristine beach. The Club's appeal was far-reaching, with new members from many cities. Their enthusiasm for the game of golf led to the opening of Loblolly Pines Golf Club. The two clubs were then merged to create the 275-member-owned Club that we now call Loblolly. Because the clubs were established at different times, as separate entities, Loblolly's members enjoy amenities unusual in scope for a club of its size. Pete and P.B. Dye originally designed the golf course to challenge golfers of all skill levels. Many players enjoy the course from the middle or forward tees, while more advanced players will face a strong layout from the back tees. Loblolly is recognized as one of the top courses in Florida and offers fast greens, deep bunkers, and several holes with surprising changes in topography seldom found in a coastal setting. Respect for the game's traditions and a commitment to excellence shapes the golf program at Loblolly. The membership enjoys a highly regarded caddie program, a comprehensive tournament program, and no tee times. The instructional program features a newly renovated practice facility and a learning center complete with two indoor hitting bays and launch monitor technology.
The Outside Services role will have the primary responsibility of maintaining an active practice range to maximize the experience for members, families, and guests. This role will also be involved in providing services to members by assisting the Caddie Manager with the first tee/staging area, servicing both private and club-owned carts, and maintaining an organized bag room. The Loblolly golf operation has a history of promoting staff from within.
• Create a warm and friendly atmosphere at Loblolly.
• Provide a consistently high level of customer service to the membership and anticipate their needs.
• Proactively greet all members, guests, and family by name and engage in genuine and positive interactions when appropriate.
Golf Department Operations
• Be a team player with a “we” mentality, and maintain a high level of respect and professionalism for themselves, staff, members,
guests, and the club.
• Willingly perform outside services duties including: maintaining the practice areas, clean/maintain the private and member-owned
golf carts, assist with the first tee and staging area, maintain a clean and organized bag room.
• Understand the entire operation thoroughly, including club rules, regulations, and policies.
• Maintain a comprehensive understanding of department events and policies to accurately answer questions.
• Actively promote upcoming golf events.
• Maintain accurate play count and billing records.
• Be willing to assist in the operation beyond the areas outlined above to ensure all members and guests receive an excellent
experience while at the club.
Important Skills & Abilities
• Must be outgoing, motivated, professional, responsible, accountable, and have a positive attitude.
• Strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to maintain accuracy with interruptions.
• Display professionalism, understand the private club environment and use good judgment when making decisions.