Website MIZNER COUNTRY CLUB
Golf at Mizner maximizes the opportunity for friendly competition, camaraderie, family bonding, and personal improvement. Mizner’s brand new 18 hole, par 72 private golf course, has been completely redesigned by Kipp Schulties, creating a world-class golf links that is as gorgeous to view as it is rewarding to play. The course winds boldly through native foliage and wetlands, flanked by lush greenery which serves as a serene backdrop to the rolling fairways. TifEagleTM greens are guarded by imaginative bunkers, and reflective lakes are tactically placed throughout the course. The game of golf has been made infinitely more exciting at Mizner, while maintaining playability for all levels.
The Assistant Professional is responsible for assisting the Director of Golf in the entire golf operation. The Assistant will work closely with Department heads and all Committees to ensure golf events are coordinated and are conducted efficiently and effectively. This individual must interact with the Membership daily and professionally meet service objectives.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as needed.
• Coordinate with the Director of Golf to oversee the entire golf operation.
• Coordinate all activities with Director of Golf, Department Heads, and Golf Course Superintendant as needed.
• Responsible for meeting goals and objectives outlined in the yearly budget.
• Assist Director of Golf with training, review, promotion, disciplinary action, and termination of all golf operations employees.
• Responsible for the direction and day–to–day activities of all golf operations employees.
• Promote all Club activities.
• Encourage Member participation for all Club events.
• Assist Director of Golf in creating, promoting, and implementing golf activities schedule.
• Assist Director of Golf in creating golf instruction programs that cater to all ages and abilities.
• Responsible for maintaining standards of service set forth by the Club.
• Provide an accurate accounting of rounds played, fees collected, pro shop inventory, and coordinate all records with the Director of Golf.
• Act as a liaison with Course Superintendant to coordinate tournament play as well as daily play.
• Act as a liaison with Food and Beverage department to coordinate golf events.
• Act as a liaison with the Membership office to help new/prospective Members with any questions or concerns they may have.
• Responsible for enforcement of all rules set forth by the Club.
• Play golf with a variety of Members and Guests; Ladies & Gentlemen.
• Maintain a respectable playing ability.
• Act as an ambassador for Mizner Country Club. This includes participation in PGA/LPGA sanctioned events, community involvement, or other activities outside Mizner Country Club.
• Must pursue and maintain PGA/LPGA status.
• Must be available to appear at any Club function upon request.
• All other duties as assigned by the Director of Golf and/or General Manager.