Website Ocean Reef Club
As golf clubs go, Ocean Reef Club’s traditions go back more than half-a-century to 1955, when the first 9-hole course opened. Today the Club boasts two championship 18-hole courses, a rarity in the Florida Keys – even among standard golf clubs.
To provide Members and Guests the services they need before and after their golf round in a helpful manner that will create an outstanding golf experience by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
In addition to the following duties and responsibilities, attending all communication meetings or daily line-ups is a requirement of the Golf Operations team.
Outside Service Duties
• Quick greeting of all who come into our golf environment seeking to understand and assist with their needs whether golf related or otherwise.
• Provide assistance to Members and guests with the movement of their clubs & belongings as well as the cleanliness of clubs after play.
• Provide a high quality rental cart program that includes prepping for the opening of the day, cleaning, storage and daily charging of batteries.
• Store golf clubs and travel bags in the Member’s bag room or conference storage area as necessary being sure to identify with proper name.
• Provide assistance to help players with their assigned tee time and course direction information.
• Provide supplies to golfers including scorecards, pencils, tees, water, ice, divot sand, etc.
• Provide as requested clean rental clubs insuring that all clubs are returning and stored properly at the end of the day.
• Assist in keeping practice range tidy including the collection, washing and presenting of practice balls to golfers.
• Provide assistance to Members and guests who are practicing including assistance with club loading and unloading to the range tee, providing supplies and providing
• Keep all areas around golf neat and clean including the grounds, bag storage areas, cart storage including personal items and locker.
• Perform all other duties as assigned from time to time by Outside Service Manager or Head Golf Professional.
• Assist Starters and Rangers with course traffic control reporting all issues of slow play or improper course conduct to the Outside Service Manager or Head Golf Professional.
• Assume the responsibilities of the Starter/Ranger when needed.
• Prepare and supply ice/water stations as well as golfer amenity stations before start of daily play.
• Assist Members and Guests with bell stand travel needs.
• Assist professional staff with special tournament needs.
• Assist beverage cart staff with golfers on-course needs
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Excellent communication skills
• Golf knowledge and skills helpful
• Employment reference
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Secondary education and golf experience preferred.
Must be able to comprehend the English language in order to communicate with all Members, Guests and Associates.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS:
Driver’s License required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample physical requirements might include:
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
• Must be able to work in any weather condition outside
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sample work conditions might be:
• Works in outside weather conditions
• Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate