About 90 miles east of Atlanta and about 70 miles west of Augusta in the rolling lake country of Georgia, Reynolds Lake Oconee is a club and resort of uncommon character. Dating back 100 years as a family retreat along the banks of the Oconee River, families came to quickly recognize that the natural beauty of both the river and the Oconee forest provided a lifestyle with an informal cadence all its own. By 1982, the river had become Lake Oconee, and Reynolds Lake Oconee was founded.Today, it has evolved into a globally recognized resort, community and club, defined by the welcoming traditions of Southern hospitality, the spirit to Linger Longer, and the consistent rhythms and beauty of the Oconee Forest and its magnificent lake. Members today enjoy both the remarkable depth of amenities that have come to characterize the community, as well as the remarkable families that they share this community with.With six golf courses, ten terrific dining venues, four full-service marinas, swimming pools, 21 miles of walking and biking trails, a world class fitness and tennis club, The Ritz-Carlton Hotel as its centerpiece, and nearly 40 Clubs and groups organized and orchestrated by the people who live here, Reynolds Lake Oconee is an extraordinary community of distinct families and distinct homes overlooking forests, fairways, and the sparkling waters of Lake Oconee.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To assist the head professional in the day-to-day operations of the golf course and golf shop and in promoting the game of golf and Reynolds Lake Oconee to members and guests.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assists in overseeing the daily operations.
• Assist with training of new and existing staff.
• Assists in managing outside golf operations staff.
• Ensures golf car fleet is maintained.
• Ensures practice facility is maintained.
• Assists in managing golf shop retail staff.
• Assists in the golf shop merchandise purchasing.
• Ensures all merchandise levels are maintained.
• Ensures golf shop is kept clean and organized.
• Works with daily, monthly, and annual financial records.
• Assists with daily, monthly, and annual round counts and budgeting.
• Uses Reynolds Lake Oconee purchase order systems.
• Maintains levels of supplies for operation.
• Enforces rules of golf and rules of Reynolds Lake Oconee.
• Assists with tournament operations of all member events.
• Assists with the tournament operations of Corporate Golf Events.
• Provides golf instruction.