Website Sahalee Country Club
Sahalee Country Club opened in 1969 to great Northwest fanfare. The name Sahalee—or "High Heavenly Ground" in the language of the native Chinook—was chosen to reflect the Northwest's heritage and tradition. Sahalee’s quintessential Northwest character is reflected in our foundational pillars of World Class Golf, Vibrant Social Scene, and Family Focused Lifestyle.Known primarily for its world-class championship golf experience created by nationally recognized golf course architect Ted Robinson and renovated by world famous golf course architect Rees Jones, Sahalee was created to host any of the USGA, LPGA and PGA national events. In addition to our worldwide reputation for championship-caliber golf, we offer a distinctly Northwest family lifestyle, a culinary culture headlined by Chef Marcel Beauclair, homespun hospitality delivered by our tenured, dedicated staff, and our absolute commitment to environmental stewardship.The position of Assistant Golf Professional supports our Director of Golf, Bryan Nicholson, and Head Golf Professional, Jacob Lippold in the management of our robust golf operation. The person selected for this position must possess high-energy, a servant’s mentality, commitment to excellence, and a passion to build our junior golf programming at the Club.The golf operations team at Sahalee is supported by 4 total Assistant Professionals, an Outside Services Manager/Caddiemaster,and Assistant Professionals in Training (AIT). The successful candidate will manage and assure that our service standards are consistently and gladly met. Success in this role starts with an infectious personality and warm sense of humor, flexibility, excellent social and communications skills, a commitment to continuous improvement, an attitude of “it’s all about the members,” with a drive of anticipating needs and fanatical attention to detail.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
To be successful in the position of Assistant Golf Professional, please consider the following experience, abilities, and traits:
• 3-4 years’ experience as an Assistant Golf Professional
• PGA Member Preferred / Level 2 & 3 will be considered with appropriate experience.
• Strong junior golf background preferred, with a strong desire to be part of a junior program
• Detail oriented individual and able to prioritize work, managing multiple tasks with limited supervision
• Demonstrated ability to be creative and develop unique programs and ideas
• Self-starter where little supervision is required to accomplish tasks
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Comfort with technology, apps, and software including Golf Genius, Outlook, Word and Excel
• Ability to integrate quickly with an established team of golf professionals
• Familiarity with caddie program is desired, but not required
• Knowledge or desire to learn club fitting
• Solid player with playing background preferred but not required.
• Exemplary and unassailable personal and professional integrity
• Diplomatic, professional, and effective communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings
• Ability to work well under pressure and think on your feet
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to problem solve on the spot and take ownership for problem resolution
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
At Sahalee Country Club, ALL employees share the same core duties, tasks, and responsibilities that are embodied in our Service Standards and the Assistant Golf Professional position also embraces the club’s Leadership Standards.
In addition to your customary roles of golf operations leadership and management, it is important to realize that this position is integral to the club’s brand as a world-class club, and as such, some nontraditional roles, responsibilities, tasks and duties are required.
In summary, the Assistant Golf Professional general responsibilities include:
• Embraces the club’s Service and Leadership Standards, mission, vision, core values and commitments.
• Serves as a creative, future-forward, and caring leader as well as a confident manager of resources.
• Cordially and professionally greets all members and guests.
• Openly offers information about the Club and communicate pertinent daily play details.
• Promote the game of golf to the membership of Sahalee Country Club and protects the brand of the Club in our community.
• Works with the golf and other club staff to successfully implement the overall vision of providing the finest golf and social experiences for the membership of Sahalee Country Club.
• Assists the Director of Golf and Head Golf Professional with all activities and operations associated with daily play to deliver operational excellence.
• Displays an affable personality and presence in the golf shop, practice amenities and while on the golf course.
• Assists in activities and promotion of the Sahalee Ravens Junior Golf Program, its instruction, and associated activities with the support and input of the other Assistant Golf Professionals and Director of Player Development.
• Assists the Head Professional with the successful administration and execution of tournament operations.
• Supports the Outside Services Lead/Caddie Manager in supervising our member services team to deliver a first-class member experience.
• Assists the Head Golf Professional with merchandising the golf shop including: meeting with vendors and making product selections, receiving, pricing, invoicing, special order processing, and rotation of displays throughout the golf shop.
• Assists the Head Golf Professional with quarterly golf shop inventory.
• Ability to develop and publish high quality communication for the membership.
• Ability to provide high quality golf instruction for private and group lessons.
• Maintains a close working relationship with the Director of Agronomy, the golf course maintenance staff, and other Club Department heads.
• Plays golf with the Sahalee membership on a regular basis.
• Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Head Golf Professional.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Attends all Golf Shop Staff meetings.
• Regularly communicates with all stakeholders through a multitude of digital, analog and social media to engage the membership in golf activities.
• Is an ambassador of Sahalee Country Club both inside and outside our gates.
• Ensures a consistently high “net promoter” score in golf operations.