Website Sahalee Country Club
Sahalee Country Club opened in 1969 to great Northwest fanfare. The name Sahalee—or "High Heavenly Ground" in the language of the native Chinook—was chosen to reflect the Northwest's heritage and tradition. Sahalee’s quintessential Northwest character is reflected in our foundational pillars of World Class Golf, Vibrant Social Scene, and Family Focused Lifestyle. Known primarily for its world-class championship golf experience created by nationally recognized golf course architect Ted Robinson and renovated by world famous golf course architect Rees Jones, Sahalee was created to host any of the USGA, LPGA and PGA national events. In addition to our worldwide reputation for championship-caliber golf, we offer a distinctly Northwest family lifestyle, a culinary culture headlined by Chef Marcel Beauclair, homespun hospitality delivered by our tenured, dedicated staff, and our absolute commitment to environmental stewardship. The position of Outside Services Leader/Caddiemaster is critical in club operations since the position is the “face” of Sahalee Country Club. The person selected for this position is outdoors greeting members and guests for the majority of the day, so an outgoing personality is a must for success in this position. The OSL/C will manage all external components of our golf operation including a team of up to 25 Outside Services Team members and will assure that our service standards are consistently and gladly met. The Caddiemaster aspect of the position will guide our fledgling caddie program and help grow and develop this program to not only meet demand for caddie services, but also help create demand. Additionally, success in this role starts with an outgoing personality and warm sense of humor, flexibility, excellent social and communications skills, a commitment to continuous improvement, an attitude of “it’s all about the members,” and a drive of anticipating needs and fanatical attention to detail. These attributes are stated in our “Service Standards” and “Leadership Standards” documents below, the pledge to which your service on Team Sahalee is predicated. Please consider these standards carefully as your success will be measured in terms of our standards.
At Sahalee Country Club, ALL employees share the same core duties, tasks, and responsibilities that are embodied in our Service Standards and the Outside Services Leader/Caddiemaster position also embraces the club’s Leadership Standards. This position constantly evolves and these duties, tasks and responsibilities may be adjusted from time to time according to business needs and your growing capabilities. The Club will notify you of any changes to these duties, tasks and responsibilities and seek your input before making changes.
In addition to your customary roles of golf operations leadership and management, it is important to realize that this position is integral to the club’s brand as a world-class club, and as such, some nontraditional roles, responsibilities, tasks and duties are required.
To be successful in the position of Outside Services Leader/Caddiemaster, please consider the following experience, abilities and traits:
• Experience in hospitality and customer service
• General understanding of the game and culture of golf
• Natural leader with ability to build and inspire a team
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders
• Exemplary and unassailable personal and professional integrity
• Diplomatic, professional and effective communication skills
• Comfort and familiarity with technology, apps and software
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy in all dealings
• Ability to work well under pressure and think on your feet
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to succeed in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to problem solve on the spot and take ownership for problem resolution
In summary, the Outside Services Leader/Caddiemaster general responsibilities include:
• Embraces the club’s Service and Leadership Standards, mission, vision, core values and commitments.
• Serves as a creative, future-forward, and caring leader as well as a confident manager of resources.
• Cordially and professionally greets all members and guests.
• Openly offers information about the Club and communicate pertinent daily play details.
• Ensures all amenities are prepared and well maintained throughout the day. Amenities include, but are not limited to the practice tee, short game area, practice greens, golf carts, push carts, bag drop, instructional areas, starter/caddie station, and bag room.
• Creates a promotes high-end service environment that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that the staff provides a high level of customer service.
• Inventories and controls supplies for the golf services operation.
• Maintains constant communication with the golf professional staff.
• Works with the golf professional staff to organize all groups/outings that are being hosted by the facility and prepares staff and facility for these events.
• Assists in maintaining the overall upkeep of the bag room, cart storage area and parking lot. Immediately reports issues with physical areas.
• Assists in preparing work schedules and assigns employees areas of responsibility.
• Assists in interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining staff, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Implements effective onboarding orientation and training with each new staff member.
• Develops ongoing training programs.
• Communicates any changes or new policies and procedures to the department.
• Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the golf professional staff.
• Be informed and promotes all club golf activities.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
• Conducts meetings with staff.
• Attends all Golf Shop Staff meetings.
• Regularly communicates with all stakeholders through a multitude of digital, analog and social media to engage the membership in golf activities.
• Is an ambassador of Sahalee Country Club both inside and outside our gates
• Ensures a consistently high “net promoter” score in golf operations
Caddiemaster role responsibilities include:
o Communicates directly with starter/golf professional staff to issue caddie assignments to groups.
o Monitors business volume and forecasts and plans anticipated caddie assignments.
o Prepares caddie schedules and weekly shifts.
o Arranges training schedules and conducts tests for advancement.
o Organizes Caddie Banquet and Caddie Tournament.
o Performs payroll tasks as scheduled. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.