Website Sand Valley Golf Resort
Sand Valley is a Midwest golf destination set among the prehistoric sand dunes in central Wisconsin. Founded in 2016 by brothers Michael and Chris Keiser, this Dream Golf destination offers three award-winning golf courses, Sand Valley, Mammoth Dunes, and the Sandbox, which were modeled after the heathland golf courses of London and showcase massive, 80-foot exposed sand dunes. Much like other Dream Golf properties, such as Bandon Dunes Golf Resort and Cabot Cape Breton, Sand Valley showcases golf as it was meant to be. Sand Valley gives guests a flavor of the region through farm-to-table culinary experiences, year-round outdoor adventures, such as fat-tire biking, hiking and fishing, unrivaled grass court tennis and one of the very best golf experiences in the Midwest. With 10,0000 acres of wide-open space across central Wisconsin, Sand Valley helps guests reconnect with the raw beauty and serenity of the outdoors. In 2021, Michael and Chris Keiser announced the building of The Lido, a private club whose mission is to restore and preserve the great masterpiece of C.B. Macdonald. The Lido Golf Club opened on long island in 1914. Sadly, the course was demolished by the U.S. Navy after they purchased the property for use as a military base during World War II. Ever since it disappeared, the promise of The Lido has intrigued many as one of the great lost wonders of the golf world. We are excited to announce that The Lido will soon be brought back to life on a site near the entrance of Sand Valley.
The Caddie Services Manager is responsible for the recruitment, screening, training, systems of accountability, forecasting and scheduling of all Independent Caddie Contractors and caddie services at this 54-hole resort. He/she is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive quality and consistent customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. To achieve this, he/she coaches and directs a supervisory team of four – ten, 50+ Junior employees, and over 150 independent contractors. Organize and monitor the Evans Training Program, including candidate training and evaluations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Implement applicable Company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to their department.
• Manage work related activities for applicable staff members and contractors, including but not limited to, recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, discipline and termination, etc.
• Provide an organized and positive culture, which will result in retention, high morale and exceptional service.
• Forecast and schedule work duties of supervisory personnel and “loops” of independent caddie contractors. Monitor performance to ensure quality and consistency.
• Coordinate and oversee the caddie program with all golfers to ensure guest satisfaction. Establish an evaluation process, monitor evaluations and implement improvements as appropriate.
• Create an on-going development plan complete with team building, systematic reviews of performance, and service initiatives.
• Maintain knowledge of current and projected industry developments in legal and tax liability protection through continuous attention to industry periodicals and participation in relevant trade associations and organizations.
• Represent the Company in recruitment meetings and/or presentations with various clients, municipalities, and other outside agencies
• Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
• Interact with guests in a congenial and professional manner.
• Organize Evans Training Program, train Evans Candidates, evaluate Evans Candidates and follow-up with Evans Candidates who are applying for the Evans Scholarship.
• BA / BS degree, preferred.
• Min 4 years management experience, preferably in the golf/caddie industry.
• Demonstrated experience and capability in the area of staff management and customer service/guest relations.
• Demonstrated leadership skills
• Proficiency with computer software including word processing and spreadsheets.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
Assistant Caddie Managers, Caddie Services Staff
Work hours may include days and evenings on weekdays and weekends. Subject to inside and outside environmental conditions. May be exposed to inclement weather, potentially dangerous chemicals, solvents, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers, misdirected golf balls, sharp and rapid equipment movement on a daily basis. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed.
General office machines such as personal computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, calculators, telephones, etc. Golf clubs and golf cars.
Must have the ability to:
• Read and write (English)
• Communicate verbally with staff members and/or customers with or without the use of two-way radios.
• Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
• Visually inspect all work areas
• Give physical demonstrations of caddie techniques, including carrying up to two golf bags.
• Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 6 hours at a time
• Lift up to 50 lbs occasionally, 20 lbs frequently, and 10 lbs constantly
All Caddie’s, Junior Caddies, and Caddie Department administrative staff
Full-Time, Non-Seasonal, Salaried, Exempt