Located just minutes from New York City, Scarsdale Golf Club is a full-service, family-focused Club which offers its members and guests world class service, facilities and amenities since 1898. Scarsdale Golf Club's boasts an AW Tillinghast designed 18-hole golf course that has been a qualifying site for the US Open and Senior US Open. Additionally we feature a golf range, two practice greens, a short-game practice area, and a full-service Golf Pro Shop, Our course provides a challenge for all skill levels paired with a playability that offers the opportunity for maximum enjoyment.
The Lead Assistant Golf Professional role at Scarsdale Golf Club is focused on delivering exceptional hospitality to our Members & Guests. Qualified candidates should have an outgoing personality with a passion for the game of golf. The position is for a motivated individual with the desire to become a Head Professional. This position reports directly to the Head Professional. Candidates must be highly motivated, hardworking, and a team player. Applicants must have a drive to play golf, represent Scarsdale Golf Club in local events when their schedule allows. Personal attributes must include strong interpersonal skills, customer service excellence, a passion for teaching, hardworking, reliable, enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong attention to detail, able to work independently, natural communicator, honest, trustworthy, and punctual. This position requires exceptional teaching skills and teaching background, high energy and self-confidence, and display a genuine attitude towards people. The ideal candidate should have experience coordinating with a team of like-minded individuals in delivering exceptional service, as well as a track record of seeking continuous improvement opportunities, both personally and professionally.
Private club experience is required.
Below is a sampling of daily operational responsibilities:
– Perform and excel in the execution of men’s events, mixed events & outside outings.
– Promotion of the game of golf, and Scarsdale Golf Club
– Assist Merchandiser/Buyer with all responsibilities included within our high-end merchandising operation.
– Assist with the direction of professional staff in the execution of all daily golf operations tasks and duties.
– Create an amazing golf experience through exceptional service, dedicated team work with all Club employees, while displaying a genuine caring attitude for Scarsdale Golf Club Members and Guests.
– Monitor pace of play.
– Represent Scarsdale Golf Club in regional and national events
– Play with members and guests.
– Being accessible to provide continuous improvement initiatives, training and coaching as needed to all support staff.
– Pursue continuing education opportunities to ensure professional growth.
– Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional appearance on and off the golf course.
– Proficient in Golf Genius, Jonas POS & Members First
– Manage the handicap program
– PGA member in good standing
– Experienced instructor
– Above average playing abilities
– Golf Genius Software knowledge a must
– Junior Clinic experience
– Simulator – GC Quad knowledge
– Housing Available
– 100% Lesson Income
– Clothing Allowance
– Playing & Practicing Privileges
– 30-minute train ride to Manhattan
– MET PGA Section