Website Shadow Wood Country Club
Shadow Wood Country Club, located between Naples and Ft. Myers Florida, was originally developed by the Bonita Bay Group in 1998, before becoming Member Owned in 2010. Blessed to exist in the highly desirable SW Florida region, Shadow Wood CC is a 54-hole private, member-owned facility with 900 Golfing Memberships. The Club currently enjoys a full membership and a waitlist to become a future member. The Club’s reputation for providing an extraordinary level of Member Service is maintained by its dedicated staff. In addition to three golf courses, the golf facilities include four short-game practice areas, two full size practice ranges, seven practice putting greens, an indoor Golf Academy Hitting Bay including V1 video and FlightScope, two full-service Golf Cart & Bag Storage barns, and two full-service Golf Shops. In January 2022, Shadow Wood CC opened a new 3200+ sq/ft Golf Shop, accompanied by new Golf Offices, a new covered Golf Arrival area, and new Cart Staging Area.
PGA Golf Professional–This is a Full Time, year-round position.
Shadow Wood Country Club has recently invested $10+ million into the Golf Operations facilities. The Club is recruiting to fill the role of PGA Golf Professional on the Golf Staff. The PGA Golf Professional will report to the Head Golf Professional, who reports to the Director of Golf. To support the club’s Member service goals and to offer leadership to other Golf Staff, the successful candidate will be involved in all areas within the golf operation. The successful candidate will have a passion for providing service and maintaining the highest of operational standards.
The successful candidate will support the Head Golf Professional and Director of Golf in the day-to-day execution of the golf operation, including golf shop operations, merchandise operations, tournament operations, outside services operations, teaching, and staff training. A focus for this role is visibility and interaction with Members throughout the golf areas. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with a proven track record of progression in their career, and is now looking for a healthy, stable environment to work alongside a large team of fellow Professionals. Different from a traditional Assistant Golf Professional position, the PGA Golf Professional role suits an individual looking to remain in the position for an extended period of time, and someone who is confident in showcasing their advanced skill set.
A few specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
◦ Provide a continually visible presence throughout the golf operation and welcome Members, Guests, and fellow Staff in a professional manner. Contribute to the mission for growing the game at SWCC by interacting with Members & Guests at the golf shops, practice areas, golf courses; and facilitating golf services & programs for the benefit of the Membership.
◦ Assist in the administration of a variety of special Member events including weekly leagues, unique holiday events, large club events, and others.
◦ Set the example for other staff by seeking involvement in all golf areas. Provide leadership and mentoring through daily training, monthly training sessions, and seasonal training programs. Be a “hands on” leader alongside other Staff while assisting in daily operations as needed.
◦ Participate as a member of the Shadow Wood Golf Academy through teaching. Play golf with Members as seasons/activities permit.
◦ Engage in professional development by contributing in Staff meetings, participating in vendor and continuing education seminars, and attending PGA workshops and annual PGA Shows.
◦ The start date for this position is flexible but will be before October 1st.