Website Sleepy Hollow County Club
Sleepy Hollow Country Club was founded in 1911 and was designed by famous Golf Course Architect CB Macdonald and recently renovated by the widely respected and talented Gil Hanse in 2017. Located on the Hudson River about 50 miles north of New York City, Sleepy Hollow has always been known as one of Westchester County's best golf courses. Since the recent renovation, Sleepy Hollow is not only one of the best in New York, but now the world! Gold Digest ranks Sleepy Hollow No. 62 on its Top 100 Course in America. Golf Magazine ranks Sleepy Hollow as No. 36 in the United States. Sleepy Hollow has an active golfing membership with over 350 golfing members who play approximately 23,000 rounds annually across its 27 holes. Yearly golf activities include member tournaments, outings, summer camps, clinics, and private lessons.
The Assistant Golf Professional position will be a seasonal position from approximately mid-April through October. The position will assist with the management of the daily golf operation including managing and tracking play, inventory management and control, assisting with the tournament program, assist in coordinating the junior golf program, teach lessons and fit clubs if available, club repair and providing other professional services as appropriate. Experience in golf shop operations, merchandising, junior golf programs, and tournament operations are important. This person will be an active ambassador for an exceptional golf experience and be expected to play with member groups as often as possible.
• Provide an exceptional service environment, meeting and exceeding all expectations of members and guests.
• Assist Golf Shop Manager: Tracking inventory while maintaining a neat and orderly Golf Shop
• Maintain consistent communication with the entire staff to coordinate assigned tournaments, events. clinics and junior camps
• Assist the junior golf camp during the summer months
• Assist/and or lead in running men’s & mixed events
• Run Monday outings
• Compete in Met section PGA tournaments when possible
• Trackman – be educated on proper use for lessons and club fittings
• Experienced using computer applications including but not limited to, Word, Excel, Publisher, Golf Genius, ForeTees, NorthStar, email, social media, etc.
• Fundamental knowledge of the Rules of Golf, Golf Shop Operations, Business Operations, and Tournament Operations
• Maintaining Pace of play/ on course Ranger when the course is busy