Website Sunnybrook Golf Club
Sunnybrook Golf Club, located in Plymouth Meeting, PA. has a storied history dating back to 1914. The present 1950's design was done by William and his son David Gordon. William Gordon worked for Donald Ross and started his own design company shortly after Ross's death. Over the years Sunnybrook has hosted several USGA tournaments including the Senior Men's Amateur and Women's Amateur. Currently, the club hosts the Philadelphia Sections Haverford Trust Event. The event is the largest one-day event in the country with the winner taking home $100,000. Sunnybrook has 300 golfing members and 450 total members; both numbers are limited by the club's bylaws. The club plays host to approximately 12,000 rounds without the use of starting times. Other features include a double-sided practice range, short game area, and teaching facility.
Sunnybrook Golf Club is in search of a dedicated PGA Golf Professional that is looking to build his or her skillset required to be a Head Golf Professional. An ideal candidate would be one that seeks more responsibility and enjoys teaching, playing and event management. The position would start in the Spring of 22. Professional is required to take one week of time off per season paid in full.
A brief job description is listed below:
• Provide superior customer service to members and guests
• Perform and assist in managing daily operations in the Pro Shop and on the course while assisting with
opening and closing procedures
• Play a large role in a growing junior program consisting of camps, PGA Junior League, and annual
• Administer the women’s golf program, consisting of clinics, annual member-guest, and local golf trips
• Support role of various Men’s, Women’s, and Mixed Tournaments and outings
• Provide golf instruction, clinics, and club fittings and be proficient in Trackman and new teaching trends
• Assist in buying plans, vendor meetings, merchandising and invoicing
• Be an active ambassador of Sunnybrook Golf Club
• Play with member groups frequently
• Create, advertise and run member events
• Working toward building a skill set to become a PGA Head Golf Professional