Website The Bedens Brook Club
Since 1965, the Bedens Brook Club has provided outstanding golf, recreational, and social opportunities to members in the Greater Princeton Area. Most importantly, the Bedens Brook Club is a unique community because of the friendly, family-oriented atmosphere created by our members and experienced staff.
Job Summary- 1st Assistant Golf Professional/ Junior Golf Program Director
Assist in the management of the entire golf operation. Oversee the day-to-day operations in the absence of the Head Golf Professional. The Assistant Golf Professionals will work closely with the other departments to maintain a cohesive working unit. This position will assist in supervising staff, scheduling, training and development of golf personnel. This position will promote the exceptional golf experience. He/She will provide excellent services and programs for the members and their guests. 1st Assistant will also manage a large junior golf program.
1. Follow club policies and procedures.
2. Work accordingly to schedule as designated by management.
3. Must be willing to work weekend, holiday and evening shifts.
4. All absentees must be reported to designated manager and should be done well in advance to allow time for a substitute or alternate arrangement.
5. Uniforms and personal hygiene must be properly kept at all times.
6. Time Cards- Employees are required to punch in at the beginning of their shift and at the end of their shift. Payroll-Bi-Weekly.
7. Breaks- Must be limited in duration and may not be taken during peak business.
8. Maintain a professional attitude and work ethic towards members and co-workers
9. Maintain an attitude of willingness to adapt to changing situations and circumstances
1. Demonstrate loyalty and reliability to the Head Golf Professional and The Bedens Brook Club.
2. Complete the requirements of PGA Membership and maintain an active classification in the PGA of America.
3. Conduct oneself in a professional manner and maintain a professional image at all times.
4. Provide golf instruction and clinics that is consistent with PGA instructional methods, policies and procedures.
5. The Junior Golf Leader responsible for coordination of a large junior golf program, US Kids Golf Certified preferred, Op 36 Certified preferred
6. Assist in training and supervision of all golf staff including outside staff, shop personnel, and range staff.
7. Assist in starting procedures and monitoring play.
8. Enforce all rules and regulations governing golf course usage.
9. Assist in overseeing the operations of the practice facilities.
10. Manage, develop, and conduct a strong junior golf program.
11. Play golf with members and guests on a weekly basis.
12. Assist the Head Professional owned golf shop with purchasing, receiving, displaying, inventory control, promotion and sales of pro shop merchandise.
13. Manage and maintain a golf shop atmosphere that the membership is proud of.
14. Develop publications for newsletters, informational and promotional materials.
15. Help manage and administer all tournaments and outside outings.
16. Complete knowledge of the USGA handicap system.
17. Complete knowledge of Golf Genius Tournament Program.
18. Knowledge of re-gripping and basic club repair.
19. Proficient in the USGA Rules of Golf.
20. Any other duties as assigned by the Head Golf Professional.
1. Handle multiple requests at the same time.
2. Use good judgment handling emergencies.
1. Assist in the Supervision of all staff in golf operation.
2. Learn and adhere to policies, procedures on safety, respectful work environment, and performance. Maintain a professional relationship with members/guests.
3. Maintain a professional demeanor and appeara6nce according to dress code/grooming standards.
4. Act in a courteous, friendly manner.
5. Be able to work autonomously and self-manage.