Website The Country Club of Florida
The Country Club of Florida was founded in 1956 and has the reputation as one of the finest private clubs in the country. The club is 3 miles from the Atlantic Ocean, located in the Village of Golf, Florida. The Village is a private gated community with 150 homes and its own municipality within Palm Beach County. The Championship Golf Course was originally designed by Chicago architect Robert Bruce Harris, with a recent renovation in 2006 by the Richmond, Virginia based architect Lester George. A Peacock and Lewis designed 50,000 square foot clubhouse was built in 2004, including all the amenities of a fine private club. There are 350 family memberships and the course plays approximately 16,000 rounds of member and guest golf per year.
The Caddie-Bag Staff at The Country Club of Florida is a combination Bag Service and Caddie position, with the individual responsible for both bag/point of contact service as well as Caddie loops. There is an opportunity for the person to grow within the golf business and learn all aspects of the golf operation, as well as supplement their seasonal income significantly through Caddie loops. The person hired for this position must have a strong work ethic, be very loyal, and possess a strong moral character that is consistent with the game of golf.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
• Enthusiastically greeting all members and guests upon arrival to the course and upon completion of play
• The cart staging area and cart storage facility, and set up of the carts for play/detailing them upon the completion each day
• Setting up the outside operation each day/ keeping the work area in immaculate condition
• Maintaining the driving range and practice area
• Ensuring member and guest preference is learned and carried out where appropriate prior to arrival
• Assisting with the execution of all Club events
• Facilitating appropriate communication throughout all levels of the operation to ensure the service delivery is flawless
• Assisting the Professional staff in all aspects of the operation and as needed
• Identifying all members by last name
This position will work very closely with the entire team to provide a high level of customer service on a day to day basis. This position reports to the professional staff, falling under the Director of Golf.
Starting hourly compensation will be between $12-$13/hr.
Caddie loops are $100/bag for 18 holes, with the vast majority of loops double bag.