Website The Country Club of Orlando
The Country Club of Orlando is one of the largest and oldest Country Clubs in the state of Florida. The physical Club encompasses 166 1/3 acres and includes an 18-hole Donald Ross designed golf course, twelve tennis courts, a junior-Olympic sized swimming pool, a fully equipped wellness and fitness center, snack bars, and a main clubhouse with unique dining facilities, banquet venues, and meeting rooms. Our family-oriented Club strives to provide the highest level of service and professionalism.
Job Summary and Position Objective:
To assist the Head Golf Professional & Staff in every phase of the Golf Operation.
• CREATES WOW by: anticipating needs and wants, being prepared, being continuously enthusiastic, executing flawlessly and doing it now
• Promote the game of golf.
• Assist the Head Golf Professional in every facet of golf operations.
• Teach the Membership.
• Assist with golf clinics when needed.
• Record and make daily sales.
• Answer telephones and handle starting time reservations for members.
• Manage G.H.I.N. handicapping system and secondary responsibility of member score input.
• Responsible for tournament book set-up and management of Tournament book and tournament files, paper and computer.
• Keep Golf Shop neat and clean at all times
• Manage Golf Office and create organizational files as needed
• Assist with all setup of tournaments.
• Assist with monthly inventory if requested by supervisor.
• Assist with club fitting as schedule permits
• Spend scheduled hours in the Golf Shop managing all aspects of the Golf Shop.
• Possible outside service work
• Should possess a friendly & courteous attitude. Should have proficient experience of working with & maintain golf cart & be able to work on the practice tee when required.
• Must have a valid US Driver’s License & clean driving record.
• Must be able to properly drive and maintain golf carts.
• Basic knowledge of how to properly operate a golf cart.
• Enrolled in PGM Program
• Prior experience as an Assistant Professional
Measures of Performance:
90 Day Evaluation/Annual Evaluations
25% of work in outside environment. Must be able to withstand heat/conditions outside
Must be able to lift 50 lbs, stand/walk for an 8 hour shift
Expected Hours of Work:
40 Hours a Week
Preferred Education and Experience: