Website The Oaks Club
The Oaks Club consists of 36 holes of outstanding Arthur Hills and Fry/Straka designed golf on site. The Eagle course is an 18-hole championship layout, designed by legendary architect Arthur Hills. Eight sets of tees offer yardage alternatives ranging from 4,426 to 7,003 yards on a challenging yet rewarding course that offers immaculate greens and fairway surfaces, beautiful natural scenery, and plenty of water hazards and strategically placed bunkers that keep you on your toes. The recently revitalized Heron Course is designed for maximum enjoyability. Easily walkable and eminently playable, Heron features forgiving fairways, few bunkers, large chipping areas, and shorter carries-over hazards. The club anticipates construction of a 3-Bay Performance Center and complete driving range renovation to begin next summer. The club boasts an active racquets program with 12 Har-Tru tennis courts, a beautifully appointed golf pro shop, new pickleball facility, locker rooms, and a tournament staging area. There are topflight croquet and Bocce programs with active participation. A modern, WellFit Center offers members over 7,500 square feet of cardiovascular, strength training and free weight equipment, group exercise rooms, two treatment rooms, locker rooms, plus a swimming pool.
The Head Golf Professional will work closely with the Director of Golf, Assistant Golf Professionals, Outside Operations Manager and Retail Manager to ensure a seamless, member-centric driven operation at The Oaks Club. This position will oversee the inside golf staff. This is a hands-on position that will ensure the highest standards of service, sanitation, safety, comfort and aesthetics, and direct all department activities, projects and programs. Manage department personnel, plan and schedule work activities and provide appropriate leadership and guidance in accord with company culture and policies. Support for golf operations, groups and events programming, member relations, golf grounds, and general property communication.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor member preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with company products and services. Assess the quality of internal and external member service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
• Assist in implementing applicable company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities. Ensure procedures are followed to open, close, and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
• Conduct individual and group lessons, weekly clinics and assist with creation of new instructional programing.
• Conduct member club fittings.
• Be the lead and or assist with the handicap committee and any other committees as directed by the Director of Golf.
• Supervise and train all golf shop staff in selling techniques and ensure they are enhancing the shopping experience of the member and maximizing sales opportunities.
• Assist and coordinate with staff on all major tournaments and work together with department heads to execute and exceptional event.
• Assist with all functions of the OMGA and OWGA to ensure exceptional events and programing.
• Maintains an attractive and orderly appearance in and around the golf shop
• Maintains product documentation from purchase to sale; including purchase orders, receiving records, invoice validation/payment, inventory records and special-order records to document merchandise history
• Update and maintain policies/procedures and job descriptions for areas of supervision and direct reports.
• Support the Director of Golf with all activities of the golf operations including outside services, member/guest services, practice facility, and locker room.
• Monitor facility activities and make recommendations to improve member service and/or operational efficiencies.
• Manage employment activities for applicable staff members including recruitment and selection, performance evaluations, training, compensation, etc. in compliance with company human resources policies and procedures.
• Plan departmental work and staffing schedules to achieve quality standards with minimum labor costs.
• Maintain accurate records for pertaining to department activities including, but not limited to, labor schedules, building maintenance, equipment repair, safety meetings and activities, etc.
• Greet members, guests, visitors and vendors in a genuine, helpful and friendly manner.
• Enforce all club rules
Essential Skills and Experience :
• PGA Member preferred.
• 2-3 years applicable functional and/or management experience, preferably in the hospitality industry.
• Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems; efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision; work flexible hours as required including nights/weekends.
• Positive attitude, professional manner and appearance in all situations.
• Exceptional Customer Orientation.
• Read and write (English)
• Communicate verbally with staff members with or without the use of two-way radios.
• Give and/or follow verbal and written instructions
• Perform mathematical calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages
• Retrieve, read and interpret information from technical sources
• Computer Skills
Typical office setting with overheard lighting and adjustable ventilation. This individual may be exposed from time to time to inclement weather; potentially dangerous pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers; equipment movement hazards; misdirected golf balls. Injury may result as a result of exposure to the above if safety policies and practices are not properly followed at all times.
Must have the ability to:
• Visually inspect all work areas
• Operate vehicles and equipment for several hours at a time
• Stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, bend and kneel for up to 5 hours at a time
• Lift up to 100 lbs occasionally, 50 lbs frequently, and 20 lbs constantly