Website Toledo Country Club
Toledo Country Club is a family-centric club focused on providing its members and guest a complete private club experience. The Club boasts an impeccably maintained 18-hole golf course, driving range, chipping area, and putting green. The Clubhouse amenities for members and guests include formal and informal dining options, a swimming pool, tennis facilities, and a marina. The members support and enjoy an active tournament program, junior and family golf activities, and a profitable merchandise concession. The Club has a long tradition of a caddie program and supporting the Evans Scholars Foundation. The golf operation hosts 14,000 rounds, 50 Member events, and 15 corporate outings annually. The club has 255 golfing members with 377 total members and a primary golfing season of April-October. Toledo Country Club’s rich history includes two club professionals with a combined eighty years of service to the Club. PGA Member Marty Cromb served the Toledo membership for over forty years and PGA Master Professional Don “Coach” Kotnik for forty-two years. This candidate will help lead the operation with Head Golf Professional Justin Pollock, who is tasked with restoring the golf operation’s level of excellence it has upheld throughout its history.
The position will lead the day-to-day golf operation under the guidance of the Head Golf Professional. This candidate will be responsible for enhancing the Member & guest golf experience with a focus on growing the game for each segment of the TCC membership. The Club has recently seen a large influx in members, rounds & activity, and will soon embark on a long-range capital improvement campaign. A successful candidate will play a significant role in the daily golf experience while working towards the future success of the golf operation.
The First Assistant Golf Professional will be responsible for the Golf Operation in the absence of the Head Golf Professional. The selected candidate must be extremely self-motivated and passionate about their chosen career path. And although an individual with a proven track record of accomplishments and strong leadership is preferred, candidates with a strong desire for the game of golf, a passion for junior and family golf, and the drive to provide an exceptional member service environment will be highly considered.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide exceptional customer service to all members and guests with an emphasis on attention to detail.
• Work directly with the Head Golf Professional to ensure all financial goals and objectives are accomplished.
• Ensure system controls are in place to safeguard assets, revenues, and resources.
• Oversee daily round count and point-of-sale (POS) systems, ensuring daily billing is correctly processed.
• Oversee a retail concession in line with the mission of the golf operation and facility.
• Merchandise all apparel, equipment, and accessories to create a positive shopping experience for members and guests through effective merchandising techniques.
• Utilize the POS system for all merchandise transactions, inventory control & credit book distribution.
• Execute a “Best in Class” Junior Golf Program with support from Head Golf Professional. Junior program effectiveness will be consistently evaluated and tailored to member needs.
• Develop and oversee all player development programs with an emphasis on juniors, women & families.
• Assist the Head Golf Professional with Ladies Clinics and Playing Lessons.
• Conduct individual private golf lessons to all membership segments.
• Provide a comprehensive club fitting experience by using TrackMan.
• Administer a tournament operations program using Golf Genius tournament software.
• Adhere to, implement, and enforce club rules, policies, and procedures.
• Update and maintain golf shop policies and procedures and job descriptions and ensure they are adhered to and posted in the proper areas.
• Knowledgeable on the Rules of Golf and administer/interpret when necessary.
• Oversee the administration of the World Handicap System.
• Assist with ordering merchandise and processing special orders.
Ideal Qualities for the First Assistant Golf Professional Candidate:
• Passionate and dedicated to providing members and guests with the most exceptional private golf experience.
• Self-motivated and willing to take on challenges
• Positive attitude
• A team-oriented individual who is ready to support the development of others
• Excellent communication skills and outgoing personality
• Strong character and loyal individual
• Willingness to learn and grow professionally and personally
• Engaging with members and guests constantly
• Detail-oriented and organized
• Professional in appearance and demeanor
• Strong passion for wanting to succeed at the highest level in the golf business