Website Wethersfield Country Club
As a member of the Golf Management Team the Assistant Golf Professional will assist the Head Golf Professional in all aspects of the golf operation; tee times, course play, tournaments and outings, lessons, merchandising, training, etc. He or she should be able to provide highly efficient and superior customer service while maintaining daily records to assist Head Golf Professional with reports.
Supervised By: Head Golf Professional
Job Specific Responsibilities – (include but are not limited to):
• Effectively manage numerous types of tournaments from start to finish, including participation in meetings.
• Coordinate junior golf activities.
• Provide knowledgeable golf instruction to players of all skill levels.
• Assist customers by providing and interpreting golf policies, rules and regulations.
• Operate golf shop in absence of Sales Associate.
• Assume Head Golf Professional’s duties in Head Professional’s absence.
• Manage the daily opening and closing of golf operations as needed.
• Ensures course is properly marked at all times.
• Performs other appropriate tasks assigned by the Head Golf Professional.
• Actively pursue PGA membership (if a PGA Apprentice) in a timely manner.
• Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all employees.